Friday, August 21, 2026

Paddling in Wellfleet - August 15-22, 2026

Heading out from the cottage in a light wind
We just finished up a week-long vacation in Wellfleet on Indian Neck Beach. There are several great paddling location nearby, but I only got out twice due to the tides and the weather. At low tide, the water retreats significantly dropping by 8-10 feet and exposing huge mudflats. While Wellfleet Bay is protected by Great Island to the east, a southwest wind (typical many mornings and most afternoons) can kick up significant chop in the bay. I prefer to paddle early in the morning, in light winds and around high tide. That turned out to be a tough combination this week. I did get out twice - first to Wellfleet Harbor and Great Island and then to Blackfish Creek.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.